Have you ever done something that you’ve immediately regretted? What am I saying; of course you have! That happened to me last night, in the form of a four cheese Hot Pocket. Now, before you get all judge-y and “whatever happened to you getting down to a size 6 and eating healthy,” let me stop you. Hot Pockets are delicious. Also, convenient, especially when you’ve been at work all day, with cranky pre-teens who keep commenting on how “easy” everything is, and dinner is the last thing you’d like to make. Last night was that night, so I threw a Hot Pocket into the oven…ok, two. I threw TWO Hot Pockets into the oven and curled up on the couch to wait. Best decision ever, I thought. My house smelled fabulous, the final episode of Full House was on (the one where Michelle falls off her horse and can’t remember anyone), and in a short wait, I’d have some delicious cheesy goodness in my belly. Wrong. See, I have the patience of a two year old, so as soon as the oven timer went off, I put my Hot Pockets on a plate, went into the living room, and immediately took a bite. Immediately. As in 60 seconds after my Hot Pocket had been removed from 375 degrees of blistering heat. Naturally, I burned the shit out of my mouth, and although it was totally worth it at the time, it’s 12 hours later, and I’m not amused. And I’m too scared to drink my chai tea, for fear of a repeat event. Oh Tuesday, you’re off to a stupid start.
In other news, I’m sorry I left you all hanging for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I posted my list, and then left, and that’s just rude. But, never fear. I’m back, and I’ve decided on which 5 things I’m going to hold out on. For those of you just catching up, Ria gave me a list of 35 things, and I had to choose 30 to complete before my 30th, and 5 that I have to complete before I turn 35. I’ve decided that it’s entirely possible that I might start those 5 things before I turn 30; I just want to give myself extra time to finish them. So, here they are:
19. Write a book: let’s be honest, this may take me until I’m 40…which is only 13 1/2 years away. Oh God. Anyway, I’m starting to throw some book options around. I’ll keep you posted.
21. Read the whole Bible: I’m a slow reader. Like, terribly slow. I had to guess on the whole 2nd half of the reading section on the ACT because there wasn’t enough time. I also don’t have a ton of time to read right now (Case in point: I’ve been reading Perks of Being a Wallflower for about 8 months now…and I’m not even half way. Sorry, Kaylee!) In all honesty, I should probably start this tomorrow…
23. Go on a mission trip to another country: Believe me, I’d drop everything and go do this tomorrow, if it weren’t for a little thing called money. Before Ria sent me the list, I made a deal with myself to have all my debt (house not included) paid off by my 31st birthday. Now, it’s entirely feasible that it will be paid off way before then, but I was anticipating some unexpected expenses popping up, so I gave myself a little more time. With that being said, I’d really like my debt to be paid off before I go on this trip, so, it has to wait a little bit.
33. Go to Australia: The money thing again…although, this trip will probably come first…and possibly before my 30th. I need to see my Ria!
34. Foster a dog: this might also happen before my 30th, but I wanted to give myself some time. Given the fact that I live alone, I don’t think a dog is ideal right now, even though I’d love to have one. Since I don’t know what’s in store for me, I thought I’d push this one off for a little bit, and see what happens in life.
So, there you go! You’re all up to date. Stay tuned… I’m hoping to cross something off my list in the very near future, and I have a feeling it’s going to be very amusing…to everyone except me.