Happy day, my friends! I hope you’re all having a wonderful week, and a great start to your April. In true Steph fashion, I am about three weeks behind on posting. (Is anyone really surprised?) I just celebrated my 28th birthday on March 19. It was a wonderful day! It happened to fall during Spring Break week at work, so I was able to take off a few days. The celebrating started on Wednesday with a Village Inn lunch date with my friend, Ashley, and a late dinner and beer with my friend, Tyler, and former professor Kris.
My actual birthday started with an hour long massage, which was INSANE. Best massage I’ve ever had. Wow.
I had planned to get lunch at this cute cafe that has the BEST chicken salad sandwiches. The. Best. I’ve only ever had it once, because every time I call ahead, they’re already out. And my birthday was no exception. Sigh. So, I went with a backup and got myself a good (not great) chicken salad sandwich somewhere else and relaxed on the couch, binge-watching Grey’s. For dinner, I repeated my tradition of going to Old Chicago, and was joined by Ashley, Elizabeth, Tyler, and Mal, who drove to town early to celebrate with me. I had my go-to dinner- Oh My Spaghetti Pie, a delicious pomegranate mojito, and a warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. It was a wonderful day!
The birthday funtivities continued throughout the weekend. I had dinner with Bryan. Seth, and Mal on Friday, and my whole family came on Saturday for dinner, martinis, and Comedy Sportz. It was so much fun!
As I wrapped up my birthday, I realized that I have less than two years to complete the majority of the list. WHERE DID THE TIME GO?! With 707 days left, here’s a quick recap of where I’m at:
2. Make a list of 5 things I learned as a kid that I would like to teach my kids
9. Use a drill
11. Do my own taxes. Completely. Fully.
16. Hula hoop daily, for one month straight.
24. Make a list of my irrational fears. Share them with a friend, and be less afraid.
27. Let it go.
Working On- 5
4. Learn how to care for myself. Give myself a pamper day once every 6 months.- I’m due to have one again in the next month…stay tuned!
5. On April 19th, every year, go outside and try counting the stars.- 6 days away!
19. Write a book.- I am actually taking a break from “Table for One.” I’m trying to decide if it’s something I want to continue with or not. I realize that that will set me back on this list item, but it’s becoming very time consuming and expensive. So, a break it is!
22. Go to a new restaurant every 3 months. Order something I wouldn’t normally order and write a review on it.- I’m due for this one this month, too!
28. Once a year, go to an open space and scream as loud as I can.-This one is very need-based for me. When I need to go scream, I will 🙂
Not Started- 24
Now, remember that I only need to complete 30 things before my 30th birthday. Although I had previously chosen 5 things to make up my “5 Before 35,” I’ve decided to just play it by ear and see what happens. Because who knows? At this time next year, I might own a dog and be singing karaoke on a regular basis. 🙂
Until next time,